Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stalling

Most of the time spent working on any given story involves more thinking than actual writing.
So I sit like the proverbial bump on a log and think about events and conversations yet to be written.

As you write you're always thinking about what is going to happen next. Suddenly an idea strikes! The idea is perfect! It fits with the rest of the story and helps to pull the plot along. There's just one catch. It means doing more research.

Many times I am grateful for these ideas that seem to pop up out of nowhere. Everyone once in a while I don't like the idea, not because it isn't good but because I'm lazy. Doing more research means taking my brain from fried to burnt. On the left you can see an example of what my brain looks like before and after research.

Right. Enough stalling. Time to get back to work. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment